Monday, May 6, 2013

Roasted Veggie Tacos with Avocado Cream --- It's been TOO long since we've posted!!


 Life has just been pretty busy these days. I just finished my semester, taking 9 credits, and with all my other responsibilities,  I found myself completely lacking interest in posting on blogs. So hopefully this summer will bring a little more relaxation, and time for me to really get this thing going. Or perhaps, I should combine it with my other food blog?.?The other blog I post on is that of mine, family members, and friends; Our Fabulous Bites. If you read that blog, the posts I put here will all be duplicates, though I do want this blog to also be a place to find info and hopefully hear people's stories from trying a Flexitarian Diet.
I'm going to have to think about the combining thing. We shall see.

For now, here is a delicious and healthy taco recipe!!



Roasted Veggie Tacos with Avocado Cream

Filling: (All diced)
Zucchini
Onion
Mushrooms
Bell Pepper
Tomato
Potato
Corn
Black beans
Garlic, minced
(These are what we use, generally, but you can use whatever you'd like. We pretty much just go through the fridge and throw anything in that sound delicious)
Seasonings: cumin, s&p, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika...again, whatever sounds good to you.

Avocado Cream:
1 avocado
1/3 c greek yogurt
1/4 c cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
s&p, to season

Optional Toppings:
Feta cheese
Pico de gallo
Tomatillo dressing
Extra cilantro
Rice or Couscous for added filling, makes them go further! 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare all your veggies, and toss in some olive oil (or your preference of oil), add seasonings, and mix until incorporated. Lay out evenly onto a pan, and roast until veggies are tender and lightly browning.

While veggies are roasting, whip together the avocado cream. Heat up your tortillas, and assemble away! 

Enjoy eating healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment