Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ultimate Cereal Bowl (Mix)

I have not always been a big cereal person, other then I distinctly remember a day my grandmother gave me a bowl of Trix with a spoon that changed color once it hit the milk, and man was I excited...that was a special treat ;) But I like to have a quick and cheap option, because let's face it, making divine crepes each day could get quite costly ;)
I also love granola with all of my heart, but don't appreciate the hit to my wallet. I seriously need to get on the train and make my one. Until then, I have this wonderful cereal recipe from Engine 2 Diet. Why is it great? Because it is packed with goodness for your body, and only goodness! And tons of fiber! It's all healthy, and it is insanely filling. We each tried eating 1/2 cups worth and could not finish. I know, 1/2 cup does not sound like much, but especially once you add all that fruit, it is plenty!
Instead of adding each cereal to your bowl in the morning, we decided to just make a gigantic batch and store it, so it's all ready to go, along with your yummy must have fruit!

Ultimate Cereal Bowl (Mix)

Old Fashioned Oats (NOT quick oats), 1/2 pound
A box of Grape Nuts
A box of Shredded Wheat
A box of Uncle Sam cereal
Ground Flax seed (needs to be ground to get the benefits)
Fresh Fruit (optional...but who are we kidding? Add some fruit!)

Throw all the cereals and oats into a huge bowl, mix it up and store in an air tight container.
When you're ready for a bowl, throw some in, sprinkle in some ground flax seed, and add all the fruit your heart desires. Berries, kiwi, bananas, mango, and nuts would be yummy too.

Go get healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment